- Make sure to confirm your team name with our volunteer time keepers prior to puck drop.
- Game sheets must have registered players that have been registered prior to April 16th.
All round robin games and championship games will consist of a 2:00 warm-up commencing as the zamboni leaves the ice. The game will consist of three periods consisting of two 12 minutes periods (running time), one 15 minute period with the last 3 minutes of the third period will be stop time. If there is more than a 3 goal differential during the final 3 minutes of the third period, it will continue to be running time. In the event of a tie (all games in round robin), the game will remain a tie. For ties in the championship games refer to “Championship Game Rules”. Curfew is effect for all round robin games.
If a team fails to show for its scheduled game, the opposing team will be awarded a 3-0 victory and the offending team will be suspended from the tournament for 1 year.
No body checking will be permitted.
Minor penalties are 3 minutes. If a player incurs 3 penalties in a single game, they will be ejected from the game. **Having the puck leave the ice surface does not result in a delay of game penalty.**
Major penalties are 5 minutes, and will result in automatic ejection from the tournament.
Will result in an automatic ejection from the tournament.
The committee reserves the right to review any misconduct, and eject the player from the tournament if necessary.
Icing will be called from the defending blue line, two-line passes are permitted, and will not result in a stoppage of play.
Are permitted in all divisions.
Puck to the mask – play will be blown dead in all divisions.
A team must field 5 skaters and a goaltender to play the game. If in failing to do so the “no show” rule applies.
Each player MUST participate while wearing a helmet, and proper safety equipment.
The following points system will dictate team standings. Win (2 pts), Tie (1 pts), Regulation Loss (0 pts).
A team will only be permitted to use one 30 second time out, if involved in the finals – no times outs during round robin play.
ABUSE OF OFFICIALS, TIME KEEPERS, ARENA/TOURNAMENT STAFF
No abuse will be tolerated. Any such behavior will result in ejection from the tournament.
Standings after the preliminary/round robin play will be calculated on the basis of the points awarded as per the “Points System”. In the event of a tie the following criteria will be used to break the tie:
- Number of wins
- Winner between the tied teams when the played head to head (does not apply if more than two teams tied).
- Goal Differential
- Goals For (highest number)
- Goals Against (lowest number)
The maximum goal differential permitted per team is 5 goals. Any additional goals above this number will not be counted toward tie-breaking.
Championship Game Rules
Championship games are played to a winner. In the event of a tie at the end of regulation time a SUDDEN VICTORY 5 MINUTE OVERTIME (stop time) will commence.
- Teams will play 4 on 4 plus goalies. Players may be changed at any time. Goalies may be “pulled” at any time and a substitute player from the bench may be used.
- If still tied after 5 minutes of overtime, a shootout will occur.
- Each team MUST designate 3 shooters to start the shootout.
- Any player(s) serving a penalty at the end of overtime will not be eligible to participate in the shootout.
- All players except shooter and goalies will be on the bench TO START.
- All 3 designated shooters from each team will shoot. Shooters will shoot at the same time starting at centre ice.
- Once a player has shot, they will go directly to the penalty box.
- If still tied, each team will designate one shooter at a time until there is a winner. A player may not shoot for a second time until all players on the game sheet (except goalies) have shot.
If a penalty occurs during the 5 minute stop time overtime, teams play 4 on 3. If a second penalty is called on the SAME TEAM and the first penalty has not expired, then it will be treated as a delayed penalty and will commence when the first penalty expires. The maximum a team may be at a disadvantage is 4 on 3.